" SHADOW TEACHING SCHEME" is my English topic for CIA 3,which is not available in Wikipedia. I would like to work on this topic as I am focusing on special education for disabled children.Please check,http://journals.upd.edu.ph/index.php/edq/article/viewFile/1563/
If approved , The outline of my article will be.
- Who is a shadow teacher ?
- The role played by a shadow teacher .
- Pros and cons
Please, let me know if I can proceed writing on this article.
SHADOW TEACHING SCHEME
Children with special needs (CSN) , have been struggling to be accepted in society and have been aspiring to be given an opportunity to develop their skills and become a person they want to be. Special education is helping CSN to work on the same so that they become the productive members of the society.
Who is a shadow teacher ?
A shadow teacher is an educational assistant who works with a single child with special needs during the preschool and elementary school years. www.ehow.com
Shadow teacher is also called as a special educator who sits with the child and help the autistic student to achieve skills necessary to function independently in classroom.
Role of a shadow teacher
Behavioral assessments are conducted before the shadow begins in order to understand the child's limitations and strengths. A shadow teacher is trained in data collection as it is vital to record data on any program to ensure a thriving shadowing experience.
A shadow teacher teacher stays focused , participates appropriately in the class, functions in an environment where there are many distractions. A shadow teacher is positive in her/his approach to new tasks and helps the students to gain self-control. Communication is improved by maintaining eye contact. The best [ shadow] is the one who does herself out of the job. www.acs.gr
A shadow teacher helps the child with special needs to focus in class , helps them to communicate effectively, socialize with their peers so that they develop a sense of security, control his / her behavior and helps to become an independent person. www.acs.gr
- The students follow regular classroom instruction and interaction with his/her peers.
- The student learns to build on his/her strengths and not weaknesses
- The student receives educational enrichment.
- The student learns to adapt to the mainstream of the school environment.
- It helps the student create dynamic skills that allow him / her to step back and when to jump in.
- Cost of living in some areas is more than the pay.
- Lot of paper work.
- Parental support
- STEM education: It is difficult to help autistic children in areas of Science , Technology , Education and Management. www.weareteachers.com
- If there is no affection between the child and the shadow teacher it becomes a great drawback.
☀सहकर्मी सीखने अनिवार्य रूप से छात्रों के छात्रों को अन्य लोगों को उनके विचारों को समझा द्वारा और गतिविधियों में भाग लेने जिसमें वे सीख सकते हैं से बहुत कुछ सीख है कि " सिद्धांत पर आधारित है, किसी भी व्यक्ति को किसी भी निहित अधिकार के बिना साथ और साथी शिक्षार्थियों के रूप में एक दूसरे से सीखने को संदर्भित करता है अपने साथियों "